Saturday, November 1, 2014

Parmesan Encrusted Butternut Squash

Last weekend we went to the local farms and got pumpkins and squash! I hadn't really cooked butternut squash before but at work a few weeks ago they had some and it was delicious! I decided it was time to learn how to cook it because it was yummy! So here is my first attempt! 

I first used Pinterest to find how to cut one easily... And there were great directions on there!
Cut both end off and then peak with a potato peeler! Yep it worked fabulously! 
Then chopped it into squares! Took a couple hand fulls since it was just me eating it... 

Tossed it in a bowl with:
(I didn't measure...sorry)
Roasted Garlic infused grapeseed oil
Dash of pepper 
Dash of salt 
Parmesan cheese 

Preheated oven to 375 degrees! Cooked for 30 min flipping half way through! 

Then added a touch more Parmesan sprinkled over the squares and broiled on 450 for 1.5 min!

Serve and eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment